If you aren’t using a wedding planner, it’s important to stay on track while planning the wedding. There is an ideal order hiring your wedding professionals.
Stated in the Summer 2009 issue of Perfect Wedding Guide, here is the first hiring tier to begin planning your wedding
- Ceremony site
- Reception site
- Reserve hotel rooms for out of town guests
- Select photographer
- Select videographer
- Select disc jockey, musician or band
- Shop for wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses
- Select hair and makeup artist and schedule a trial run when your headpiece arrives
I would have to add another vendor in this first tier hiring, a landscape designer.
- Will you take pictures at a home and is there a photographic vignette for the backdrop?
- Would you like flowers within the landscape to compliment bridesmaid dresses?
- Would you like to grow flowers or flower petals to pick for the flower girl?
- Would you like to create fresh bouquets for centerpieces from your garden?
- Would you like flowers from your own landscape to toss as you end the ceremony or rehearsal supper?
- Would you like free and fresh greenery swags for the wedding?
Even if you are not having a garden wedding, there are so many ways a landscape can work for your special day. If the landscape designer is contacted 12-18 months in advance, a spectacular display of flowers can provide a picturesque scene for wedding photos.
It would be advised to have a one hour consultation with a landscape company who can suggest well in advance what will work for your wedding day.
Good luck with your wedding ceremony and happy planting!
Landscape Design and Installation
Divine Weddings and Beyond™